21 Aug OGIRS Issues Post COVID 19 Lockdown Palliatives for Taxpayers in Ogun State.
Ogun State Internal Revenue Service (OGIRS) on behalf of Ogun State Government has issued tax incentives for taxpayers in the state to cushion the effects of Covid 19 Pandemic on businesses and individuals.
The following are the tax incentives granted by OGIRS:
- Extension of the deadline for filing of 2019 income tax returns by self-employed individuals/informal sector by six (6) months from March 31, 2020 to September 30, 2020.
- Extension of filing of 2019 annual PAYE returns by PAYE operators/tax agent by eight (8) months from January 31, 2020 to September 30, 2020.
- Complete waiver of interest and penalty for late filing of 2019 annual PAYE returns during the approved extension period.
- Complete waiver of interest and penalty for late remittance of monthly PAYE from January 31, 2020 to September 30, 2020.
- Complete waiver of interest and penalty of Direct Assessment/Personal Income Tax by self-employed individuals in 2020.
- Waiver of weekly tax by operators/promoters in pool and betting business from April 1, 2020 to June 30, 2020.
- Adoption of video conferencing a default mode for conduction of Tax Audit Reconciliation Committee (TARC) Meeting in line directive on social distancing and ease of doing business.
WYZE Comment: Issuance of tax incentives and reliefs to taxpayers by Ogun State Government is a welcome development.
We advise taxpayers in this jurisdiction to take advantage of these tax palliatives.